Manage episode 332368413 series 2355180
As a photographer, influencer, course creator, author, and host of the wildly popular Goal Digger podcast, Jenna Kutcher is one of the most talented content creators out there. I love and respect Jenna so much not only because she is a digital marketing extraordinaire, but she’s hands down one of the most grounded women that I know.
And despite all of her success, what’s most impressive about Jenna is that her driving force has never really been about the hustle. She’s embraced the simple notion that we -- women especially -- crave a life of fulfillment, and has managed to create a life on her own terms while building an incredibly lucrative business.
It’s possible, friend, and Jenna is living proof.
Now normally when Jenna is on the show, we talk shop about all things online marketing (in fact, she recently joined me for an episode about how to launch a podcast – check it out here if you missed it.)
But in this conversation, we talk about the things that are important in becoming a successful entrepreneur but all-too-often get overlooked – like your sense of identity, whether or not your work is aligning with your values, and your purpose.
On paper, these things might not sound like a big deal, but trust me on this one -- they are -- and that’s why I am so excited to share this episode with you. In it, Jenna and I discuss:
- How to take inventory of your life and what to do with the information that surfaces
- The meaning of ‘golden handcuffs’ and how you can get out of them
- What to do if you feel like you’ve traded your 9 to 5 job for a 24/7 business
- How to overcome the fear of asking for help when you need it most
- The inspiration for her new book How Are You, Really?: Living Your Truth One Answer at a Time
So whether you’re still in the throws of the 9 to 5 grind, have just started your business, or are an established online entrepreneur, this episode has something for everyone -- because in the end, I think it’s safe to say that we all desire the same thing -- to be fulfilled.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [06:07] Reframing is extremely powerful, and can be helpful when you find yourself fearful of something.
- [07:42] If you want to find ways to do more meaningful work, look at your calendar ahead and take a life inventory. Are you passionate about it? Does it align with your values? Does it bring you joy?
- [10:38] Learn how to rest in the present outside of work, so that when you are in work-mode, you’re laser-focused.
- [15:06] Golden handcuffs are benefits like unlimited vacation that make people feel stuck in the workplace. Do these really add value to your life?
- [19:28] Entrepreneurship can get you to a life of freedom and choice, but you have to have a "why" that’s stronger than your work.
- [24:24] The more you ask for help, the easier it becomes to ask for and receive it. Accept help if you want to live out your vision.
- [28:39] You never know when the power of your story will inspire someone else to keep showing up in their life. You could literally change someone's trajectory.
- [33:02] How Are You, Really?: Living Your Truth One Answer at a Time is Jenna's new book for women who are looking to come home to themselves.
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!