Manage episode 295622828 series 2849242
Learn why following up is your most powerful tool when pitching news reporters with our guest, Marjorie Comer, news consultant for Axia Public Relations. Marjorie is an award-winning public relations professional. Clients love Marjorie’s work ethic, speed, and diligence.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- The power of following up to get more media coverage for your brand
- How to use follow-ups to get in front of media, clients, and contacts
- How to stand out when pitching the news media
- How to build a media list for your company
- How to build relationships with reporters
- “Without following up, media pitches tend to just die or get buried.” -@Marjorie_Comer
- “One thing I’ve done is ask my clients for three times they may be available or ask the reporter to give me three times they would be available to speak to my client because company executives aren't always on-call when a reporter may be.” -@Marjorie_Comer
- “Put things in your calendar because that's how you're going to remember to follow up with them.” -@Marjorie_Comer
- “From industry research, we’ve seen that 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. on Thursday is the best time to follow up with somebody for an end of the week deadline.” -@jasnmudd9
If you enjoyed this episode, would you please share it with others and leave us a review?
About Marjorie Comer
Marjorie Comer is an award-winning public relations professional. Clients love Marjorie’s work ethic, speed, and diligence. She has worked at Axia Public Relations since October 2011.
At Axia, Marjorie serves as a public relations consultant for the PR firm’s national clients. She’s a skilled writer and works hard to ensure the firm’s clients receive the white-glove experience. She also blogs about public relations trends and best practices.
Marjorie’s contact info and resources:
- On Top of PR is produced by Axia Public Relations, named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies for 2021. Axia is an expert PR firm for national brands.
- On Top of PR is sponsored by ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
- Burrelles has a special offer for On Top of PR fans. Check it out at burrelles.com/ontopofpr.
About your host, Jason Mudd
On Top of PR host, Jason Mudd, is a trusted adviser and dynamic strategist for some of America’s most admired brands and fastest-growing companies. Since 1994, he’s worked with American Airlines, Budweiser, Dave & Buster’s, H&R Block, Hilton, HP, Miller Lite, New York Life, Pizza Hut, Southern Comfort, and Verizon. He founded Axia Public Relations in July 2002. Forbes named Axia as one of America’s Best PR Agencies for 2021.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/OnTopofPR)