Manage episode 295034597 series 2849242
Our episode guest is Tru Pettigrew. He connects brands with consumers and builds bridges across generations. Tru has also established a strong reputation for helping organizations build bridges across racial, cultural, social, and relational lines.
Five things you’ll learn from this episode:
- The difference between diversity, equity, and inclusion
- The difference between equity and equality
- How to set up your team for success by figuring out what they need to be successful
- The three different types of diversity
- How to have courageous conversations about diversity, equity and inclusion
- “A lot of agencies are responsible for helping their clients craft appropriate and relevant communications for a lot of the challenges and issues that are going on, but they’re also being challenged on how they are stepping up and reflecting the diversity within the agency world.” -@truaccess
- “Diversity is a state of being, it’s static. Equity and inclusion require us to take action and leverage the richness of diversity that is available to us.” -@truaccess
- “Equity is giving people what they need to succeed. Oftentimes it’s confused or transposed with equality. Equality is treating everyone exactly the same. But the reality is we don’t all need the exact same thing because we’re at different places on our journey.” -@truaccess
About Tru Pettigrew
Tru is a celebrated author, an engaging speaker, a committed community leader, and an award-winning marketing executive with close to 20 years of experience at the nation’s top advertising & marketing agencies.
Tru founded Tru Access to serve as an inspiration and empowerment consultancy to help individuals and organizations bridge gaps across areas that cause division, dysfunction and separation.
Considered one of the country’s top Millennial Empowerment experts and cross-generational thought leaders. His first book, “Millennials Revealed” serves as a guide for countless individuals and organizations across the country to help them build meaningful connections across diverse generations.
Tru has shared his marketing talents and expertise to help contribute to the success of brands such as Nike, State Farm, Heineken, Hennessy, Unilever and Ford just to name a few.
Tru’s contact info and resources:
- Website: tru-access.com
- Tru Pettigrew on Twitter: @truaccess
- Tru Pettigrew on Instagram: @truaccess
- Tru Pettigrew on LinkedIn
- George Floyd business mentorship program
- The three forms of diversity: identity, experiential, neurodiversity
- On Top of PR is produced by Axia Public Relations, named by Forbes as one of America’s Best PR Agencies for 2021. Axia is an expert PR firm for national brands.
- On Top of PR is sponsored by ReviewMaxer, the platform for monitoring, improving, and promoting online customer reviews.
- Burrelles has a special offer for On Top of PR fans. Check it out at burrelles.com/ontopofpr.
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/OnTopofPR)