4 Steps to Improve Your Self Awareness to Reach Your Goals & How to Change Your Perspective on Rejection
Manage episode 358822671 series 2528526
Today, I am going to share with you the conversation I had with Rich Roll in his podcast. I talk about my experiences as a monk and share insights on meditation, mindfulness, and conscious capitalism. I also talk about the double-edged sword of social media and how it can be used for good. Our conversation also touches on the topic of happiness, and I provide tips on how to reframe one's perspective on life. We should reflect on one's passions and expertise, find patterns in one's life, and create an environment for opportunities to come later.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:30 Finding a life-long partner takes a lot of work, dedication, and time
- 08:55 "If you can't explain something simply, you don't understand it well enough."
- 11:47 Growing up in London bullied for being overweight and dealing with a rebellious phase
- 15:42 Discovering your passion and finding a different path for yourself
- 19:48 Finding inspiration in someone you least expect and pivoting from your current journey
- 30:50 Getting the chance to live both options of life: monkhood and real life
- 38:11 What is it like to live a life in service to others?
- 46:40 Here is a glimpse of how a monk lives day to day
- 50:43 This is how monks train themselves to avoid the follower mentality
- 55:18 There are an infinite of seats in the theater of happiness, you just need to find your own seat
- 57:26 How do you find your passion and what you can do to genuinely identify them.
- 1:05:32 Asking the right questions to help develop self-awareness and positive intuition
- 1:09:44 “When you protect your purpose, your purpose protects you.”
- 1:19:29 Venturing into the social media space and finding a career opportunity
- 1:22:34 The truth about detachment and you can use it to your advantage
- 1:25:56 Jay explains the process of purification
- 1:29:39 Maintaining a routine can be hard but it is a beneficial practice
- 1:36:24 Disengagement is the beginning step of re-engagement
- 1:42:55 The three things we aren’t aware of - Element, Environment, and Energy
- 1:49:23 Jay explains the different relationship tools for a healthy partnership
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty https://jayshettypurpose.com/fb-getting-started-as-a-life-coach-podcast/
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.