2 Ways to Stop Anxious Thoughts & 3 Steps to Love Yourself and Build More Confidence (Special Episode)
Manage episode 356881184 series 2528526
Today, I am going to share with you another snippet from my latest book, 8 Rules of Love. This time, we will talk about solitude. My focus is on the importance of solitude in our daily lives and how it can help us love ourselves better. Rule #1 - Let Yourself Be Alone outlines a three-stage process for transitioning from loneliness to solitude, starting with being present with yourself and moving towards developing confidence in areas of personal growth. It also emphasizes the importance of self-control and patience in the process of learning solitude and understanding our complexity, and embracing the idea that being alone can be transformational.
You can order my new book 8 RULES OF LOVE at 8rulesoflove.com or at a retail store near you. You can also get the chance to see me live on my first ever world tour. This is a 90 minute interactive show where I will take you on a journey of finding, keeping and even letting go of love. Head to jayshettytour.com and find out if I'll be in a city near you. Thank you so much for all your support - I hope to see you soon.
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:28 Solitude: Learning to Love Yourself
- 02:57 Rule #1: Let Yourself Be Alone - and learn to find solitude in your daily life.
- 09:41 Solo Audit - Finding out how you want to spend your time alone.
- 17:49 The Path From Loneliness to Solitude
- 18:44 Stage #1: Presence - The first step to making use of solitude is being present with yourself.
- 23:32 Stage #2: Discomfort - There are 3 different ways to get used to being alone.
- 27:55 Stage #3: Confidence - The 5 growth areas of life you can recheck and see whether you need to change or not.
- 30:22 For change to happen, start with identifying your biggest growth area.
- 33:09 Here’s how to develop a growth plan using the 3 C’s of transformation.
- 36:18 One Mind - This is how solitude allows us to understand our complexity.
- 42:57 Why self control and patience are the two key skills when learning solitude?
- 45:46 A Whole Self - It’s not always about looking out for our better half and this is why.
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
Want to be a Jay Shetty Certified Life Coach? Get the Digital Guide and Workbook from Jay Shetty
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.