Manage episode 322394244 series 2810962
Resources for Ukraine and trans people and families in Texas:
- “How You can Help Ukranians” by Kelsey Piper for Vox
- Transgender Education Network of Texas
- Trans Kids and Families of Texas
- Thread of resources to make use of if you’re a caregiver or educator in Texas
Have you ever thought about how many games are available to us these days? Card games, board games, roleplaying games. Games of chance, games of strategy, games where you win by buying up all the property and then charging people to use it. This is the first installment of a two-part series about games and gaming. In this first episode, we talk about the art of getting people into games, the science of teaching complicated games to newbies, resources for finding games you want to play, and also hot tubs.
Get Oh, I Like That merch here!
This episode was produced by Rachel and Sally and edited by Lucas Nguyen. Our logo was designed by Amber Seger (@rocketorca). Our theme music is by Tiny Music. MJ Brodie transcribed this episode. Follow us on Twitter @OhILikeThatPod.
Things we talked about:
- “Iceland’s Water Cure” by Dan Kois for the New York Times
- The tarot card The Tower
- Hello Wordl, off-brand Wordle
- Wordle spinoffs Quordle, Semantle, Poeltl, and Worldle
- Shut Up & Sit Down’s game picker
- Geek & Sundry’s Game the Game series
- Two tweets that perfectly sum up the agony of teaching a game and being taught a new game
- How to Teach Board Games Like a Pro
- The Slate podcast Decoder Ring