Manage episode 294046806 series 2810962
Every year when June rolls around, a whole bunch of conversations continue and other ones begin anew—conversations about identity, representation, safety, freedom, liberation, and…rainbow-colored corporate logos. So we decided to jump right into a few of those topics, and share our thoughts on things like cops at Pride (no), kink at Pride (yes), what it means to show up as an “ally,” and more.
This episode was produced by Rachel and Sally and edited by Lucas Nguyen. Our logo was designed by Amber Seger (@rocketorca). Our theme music is by Tiny Music. MJ Brodie transcribed this episode. Follow us on Twitter @OhILikeThatPod.
Things we talked about:
- A couple of social media posts about Pride merch (like this one and this one)
- This mask chain from Shopbizla on Etsy
- PictureThis plant identifying app
- A Misstep by the Organizers of Pride by the NYT Editorial Board (we’re not linking)
- “No Cops at Pride”: How the Criminal Justice System Harms LGBTQ People by Melanie Langness and Gabriella Velasco
- The rise of anti-trans "radical" feminists, explained by Katelyn Burns for Vox