Manage episode 278042635 series 2810962
With COVID-19 transmission rates ramping up all over the country, we’re continuing to hunker down in our homes—and lots of folks are doing the same, or are returning to the stay-at-home lifestyle of the spring of 2020. Because no person can live on Netflix and Zoom get-togethers alone, we’re going to talk about creative ideas for making time at home feel just a bit more special. We’ll discuss throwing at-home pop-up events (Oktoberfest, beach day) and turning your space in the places in the world you especially miss, like coffee shops, bars, and movie theaters. We’ll also talk about an accessible way to get into coffee nerdery.
This episode was produced by Rachel and Sally and edited by Lucas Nguyen. Our logo was designed by Amber Seger (@rocketorca). Our theme music is by Tiny Music. MJ Brodie transcribed this episode. Follow us on Twitter @OhILikeThatPod.
Things we talked about
- COVID-19 Event Risk Assessment Planning Tool
- Craft Coffee: A Manual: Brewing a Better Cup at Home by Jessica Easto
- Clever Coffee Dripper
- Here’s How To Make Really Goddamn Good Coffee At Home by Sally
- This is the Romantic Gesture of Quarantine by Katie Heaney
- Free templates for at-home events (menus, tickets, signage)
- In Nancy Meyers' Kitchen Spotify playlist
- Custom airbrush T-shirts
- Lauren Martin’s art and phone backgrounds