Manage episode 276446949 series 2810962
We firmly believe that one of the best ways to get through times that are bad/dark/weird is to anticipate needing a little extra help dealing when things go sideways and plan accordingly.
In this episode, we talked all about what each of us has in our own break-in-case-of-dark-times kits. You’ll get tons of recommendations, from movies, TV shows, and podcasts to recipes, games and activities, things that will make you feel cozier, and more.
This episode was produced by Rachel and Sally and edited by Lucas Nguyen. Our logo was designed by Amber Seger (@rocketorca). Our theme music is by Tiny Music. MJ Brodie transcribed this episode.
- How to Make an All-Star Baked Ziti
- Black and Pink and Write a Prisoner, resources that will connect you with someone who’s incarcerated
- National Museum of Natural History: Virtual Tours
- American Museum of Natural History: Virtual Visits to the Museum
- Another Round) (podcast archive)
- Professor Blastoff (podcast archive)
- The Expanse (TV series, Amazon Prime)
- Game of Thrones (TV series, HBO)
- Spy (movie)
- Solo journaling RPGs at itch.io
- Wait For Me: A Game About Time Travel and Connection by Jeeyon Shim and Kevin Kulp
- Strange Places: An Adventure By Mail, a letter-writing game for two people
Things we talked about
- For comforters 101: Baffle Box Vs. Sewn-Through Comforters
- The episode of Another Round that Rachel was on: Episode 69: The Life-Changing Magic of Listening to Rachel (with Rachel Wilkerson Miller)
- Pumpkin Maple Muffins
- The Comfy (the blanket you wear)