Manage episode 329101125 series 1455934
The panel unpacks our eternally wise Government’s ingenious cost of living fix – simply try to be richer! How did certain politicians come to suggest better jobs and working more as quick fixes to escape poverty? Is the old “no such thing as society” mantra rearing its head? Plus, the Article 16 standoff goes on, who were the charlatans who signed up to this dodgy deal?
- “What Rishi Sunak actually does with his money is give fuck-off donations to his old private school.“ – Ros Taylor
- “The Bank of England doesn’t have many levers it can pull, and raising interest rates is quite a painful one.” – Ian Dunt
- “As an MP, even visiting a food bank you’re a tourist in a strange land.” – Alex Andreou
- “When you’re poor, a trip to the dentist can knock your finances out of orbit for a year.” – Alex Andreou
- “Big Dog is not under immediate pressure, so Big Dog does not need to act.” – Ros Taylor
Presented by Dorian Lynskey with Alex Andreou, Ian Dunt and Ros Taylor. Group Editor: Andrew Harrison. Lead Producer: Jacob Jarvis. Producers: Alex Rees, Jacob Archbold and Jelena Sofronijevic. Assistant Producer: Elina Ganatra. Audio production by Robin Leeburn. OH GOD, WHAT NOW? is a Podmasters production.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices