Manage episode 377671625 series 2812914
The fourth Season of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke’s Building Up the Nerve podcast, where we discuss the unwritten rules, or “hidden curriculum,” of scientific research at every career stage. We know that navigating your career can be daunting, but we're here to help—it's our job!
In episode 7, we talk about applying for a faculty position, including preparing your application, negotiating, and the accepting or re-applying process.
Featuring Kimberly S Williams, Assistant Professor, Spelman College; Lucas Cheadle, Assistant Professor, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory; and Erin Stephenson, Assistant Professor, Midwestern University.
- NIH Research Training Initiative for Student Enhancement (RISE) Program (R25): https://nigms.nih.gov/training/RISE/Pages/default.aspx
- NIH Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Awards (IRACDA) (K12): https://nigms.nih.gov/training/careerdev/Pages/TWDInstRes.aspx
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minoritized Scientists (ABRCMS): https://abrcms.org/
- Future PI Slack community: https://futurepislack.wordpress.com/
- Neuroscience Development for Advancing the Careers of a Diverse Research Workforce (R25) Programs: https://www.ninds.nih.gov/funding/training-career-development/choose-award-career-stage-eligibility/diversity-awards/nih-neuroscience-development-advancing-careers-diverse-research-workforce-r25-faqs/neuroscience-development-advancing-careers-diverse-research-workforce-r25
- BRAINS (R25): Broadening the Representation of Academic Investigators in NeuroSciences - A national program to increase the advancement of neuroscience researchers from diverse backgrounds: https://brains.uw.edu/
Transcript available at http://ninds.buzzsprout.com/.