Manage episode 295759247 series 2810837
On today’s episode of the Natural Health Influencer podcast, we meet up with the co-founder of Manitoba Harvest, Mike Fata. Mike recently sold Manitoba Harvest, a company that distributes quality hemp food products. Since then he has gone onto many other amazing sustainable plant-based projects. His role in positively influencing our health has garnered him a multitude of awards, including being in the top 40 under 40, the top 100 Health Influencers and most recently receiving the prestigious John Holtmann Leadership Award. Tuning in listeners will hear about Mike's journey to health after being overweight as a teenager and how he first became interested in Hemp as a sustainable crop that also had tremendous health benefits. We dive into the many health benefits that hemp has to offer and why its high GLA content is so beneficial. Later Mike explains what it means for a company to be B Corp certified and how he is helping other companies attain this certification. We loved having Mike on the show and we’re sure you will find the conversation as stimulating and insightful as we did. For all this and more, join us today!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest Mike Fata.
- Mike’s technique for shopping at a farmer’s market.
- How Mike pivoted to natural health foods and sustainability after being overweight as a teenager.
- Mike’s advice on starting on a health journey when the prospect seems overwhelming.
- We hear about Mike’s love of plants and why he chose to invest in Hemp.
- Why hemp seeds are a rich source of polyunsaturated fats and GLAs.
- Why GLAs are so beneficial to our overall health and immune system.
- How GLA facilitates reduced inflammation.
- Eating a healthy diet and how to be a nutrivore.
- The rich history of hemp uses and how its uses promote sustainability.
- Mike’s experiences farming with hemp as a sustainable crop.
- What it means to be a B Corp certified business and how it benefits the planet.
- Why Mike transitioned Manitoba to become B Corp certified.
- The work Mike is doing as an advisor in the health food space.
- Mike shares what consumers can be excited about in the future of plant-based foods.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: