Manage episode 377433879 series 3483641
Emily and Alex tackle the White House hype about the 'voluntary commitments' of companies to limit the harms of their large language models: but only some large language models, and only some, over-hyped kinds of harms.
Plus a full portion of Fresh Hell...and a little bit of good news.
White House press release on voluntary commitments
Emily’s blog post critiquing the “voluntary commitments”
An “AI safety” infused take on regulation
AI Causes Real Harm. Let’s Focus on That over the End-of-Humanity Hype
“AI” Hurts Consumers and Workers — and Isn’t Intelligent
Fresh AI Hell:
You can check out future livestreams at https://twitch.tv/DAIR_Institute.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmilyMBender
- Mastodon: https://dair-community.social/@EmilyMBender
- Bluesky: https://bsky.app/profile/emilymbender.bsky.social
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/@alexhanna
- Mastodon: https://dair-community.social/@alex
- Bluesky: https://bsky.app/profile/alexhanna.bsky.social
Music by Toby Menon.
Artwork by Naomi Pleasure-Park.
Production by Christie Taylor.