Manage episode 344380641 series 1001024
To continue with our focus during Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month, Dvora Entin joins us for her second time on the podcast. Today, she will tell us more about the clinical side of perinatal grief and loss and deepen our understanding of how we can better help those in the grieving process. Join us to learn more!
Dvora Entin, LCSW, PMH-C, specializes in reproductive and perinatal mental health with advanced training by Postpartum Support International, ASRM, and the MISS Foundation in compassionate bereavement. Dvora is a clinical consultant for several non-profits and is a lead trainer for Postpartum Support International. As an adjunct professor at the Wurzweiler School of Social Work, she developed a maternal mental health curriculum for MSW students and teaches Coping with Loss. A recent graduate of the Council For Relationship’s Sex Therapy post-graduate training, Dvora maintains a group private practice in Philadelphia and consults and presents nationally about mental health and supporting those who may be struggling.
- What people might be surprised to understand about the perinatal grief and loss process
- Why experiences in the perinatal loss realm are under-acknowledged and confusing for people
- How perinatal loss encompasses so much more than just miscarriage and stillbirth
- How our society struggles around loss because we aren’t at all comfortable with death
- What the grieving person deals with over times, holidays, and special dates
- How Dvora helps clients deal with the fear of unraveling into grief
- How partners may grieve a loss and associated trauma in totally different ways
- Why grief is difficult when society and culture don’t allow us to experience our feelings
- What Dvora wants grieving parents to know about being present and mindful of their loss experience
- Why another child doesn’t fully fill the space for–or replace–your baby who died
- Why Dvora created a data-driven, compassionate grief course for therapists and others who support those in grief
Connect with Dvora: Website
Visit www.postpartum.net for resources!
Visit www.postpartum.net/professionals/certificate-trainings/ for information on the grief course.
Visit my website, www.wellmindperinatal.com, for more information, resources, and courses you can take today!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices