Gen X Women, Invisibile or Invincible
Manage episode 348428555 series 2992188
In 2019, CBS ran generation guidelines on TV and literally left Generation X off.
Try to Google research on Generation X and you’ll get a few hits but do the same for Millennials and you’ll have pages and pages of data.
Go into any corporate office and look around the room at the leaders and try to find the Gen Xers among Boomers and Millennials. Yup… same for high-ranking political leaders too.
This is happening everywhere and it isn’t ok. This is why we do what we do here at Modern Gen X Woman. We want to provide you, our listeners with everything you need to be seen and heard. No longer are we going to sit in the background and wait to get noticed.
Mimi and I (Jackie and I) aren’t going to be quiet and we’re going to teach you how not to be either.
The Worth+Value=Wealth Program
For Entrepreneurs and Career Women who want to own their worth and articulate their value so they can make the money they deserve. Apply here.
In this episode we’re talking about…
- The cost of not being seen and heard
- We're women 40+ and are not invisibile
- How our generational bias' are contributing to not wanting to stand out
- Why independence and autonomy is great for organizations but sucks for your career or business
- Women consistently doing what's called 'invisible' work and how it is keeping us stuck
- Why fear is really False Evidence Appearing Real
Explore these coaching questions:
- What are you missing out on if you stay invisible?
- What will happen if you step onto the spotlight? What are you afraid of? What’s the worst thing that can happen?
- What do you need to be seen and heard?
- What tasks have you taken on that are considered invisible work and how can you delegate them?
- What do you want to be been seen for? Remember, when you know this can you live it, act it and go for it.
Mentioned in this episode:
I’m Not Dying But Ageism Should (podcast)
Jackie + Mimi: Love From Toronto (podcast)
Book a FREE interview assessment with Jackie
Kindra The Focus Supplement (save 20% www.ourkindra.com/moderngenx)
Is wobbly confidence keeping you in a job you hate? Is a lack of confidence making you procrastinate working on your business?
Register for our free interactive workshop Confident at 40+—Own It Without Giving Give a F*. You'll learn a transformative way to build unshakable confidence from your core to make the changes you want to see professionally
It’s happening on Tuesday, December 6th at 1pm EST.
Save your spot here: www.moderngenxwoman.com/confidence.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts / Spotify /
Get your free copy of our digital magazine, GEN neXt, The Voice of the Modern Gen X Woman. www.moderngenxwoman.com/gennext
GEN NeXt is a collection of insights from incredible organizations, women, and industry experts who have dedicated themselves to the same cause—turning up the volume of women 40+.
We're not just Gen X we're GEN neXt