1696: Partial Reps Vs. Full Reps for Building Muscle, the Pros & Cons of Workout Partners, the Best Tools for Recovery & More
Manage episode 308353919 series 1542769
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about partial reps vs. full range of motion for hypertrophy, the pros and cons of having a workout partner, the benefit of massage guns, cold tubs, and saunas for recovery, and the value of Glutamine as a supplement.
- Mind Pump Fit Tip: When it comes to fitness, more is NOT always better. (4:21)
- Humans’ similarities and differences to primates. (15:49)
- Adam’s “Griswold's” Christmas Tree. (28:33)
- Friendsgiving with the Di Stefano’s. (35:16)
- Why companies like Butcher Box are positioned well to weather this inflationary storm. (37:10)
- How Adam has inspired Sal to venture out to nicer restaurants. (39:12)
- How humans tend to attach greed to money. (42:04)
- Mind Pump loves old pop culture. (45:08)
- Tiger King 2: Worth the hype or disappointment? (47:37)
- Get your Felix Gray’s now! (52:18)
- #Quah question #1 – What are your thoughts on partial reps vs. full range of motion for hypertrophy? (59:08)
- #Quah question #2 – What are the pros and cons of having a workout partner? (1:08:06)
- #Quah question #3 – What are your thoughts on massage guns, cold tubs, and saunas for recovery? (1:18:16)
- #Quah question #4 – Is there any value in taking Glutamine as a supplement? (1:24:55)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- November Promotion: MAPS Anywhere and the Fit Mom Bundle – Both 50% off! **Promo code “NOVEMBER50” at checkout**
- HOW INFIGHTING CHIMPS LED TO A 4-YEAR ‘CIVIL WAR’
- Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships
- Visit Butcher Box for this month’s exclusive Mind Pump offer!
- Why Does Bernie Sanders Think Billionaires Should Get Out of Space?
- All-In with Chamath, Jason, Sacks & Friedberg
- Watch Tiger King | Netflix Official Site
- Visit Felix Gray for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Promo code “EVERYTHING15” at checkout**
- Visit LivON Labs for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- MAPS Aesthetic
- Mind Pump Podcast – YouTube
- Mind Pump Free Resources
- Vintage Cheese (@vintage.cheese) Instagram