Manage episode 308193460 series 1542769
In this episode Sal, Adam & Justin cover ten things a person should do to successfully lose a lot of weight.
- The psychological challenges of choosing to lose 100 pounds. (2:29)
- The Biggest Loser distortion of reality. (5:20)
- Ten Things a Person Should Do to Successfully Lose a lot of Weight.
- #1 – Hire a therapist or enlist someone you trust & who loves you. (12:34)
- #2 – Ditch the motivation hype and understand the importance of discipline & good habits. (17:20)
- #3 – Focus on strength over the scale. (22:15)
- #4 – Increase activity through daily habits. (25:52)
- #5 – Eat your calories and NOT drink them. (30:07)
- #6 – Avoid heavily processed foods. (33:02)
- #7 – Create barriers between yourself and your impulses. (35:33)
- #8 – Be mindful and slow down while eating. (39:54)
- #9 – Prioritize protein. (43:51)
- #10 – Hire a nutritionist. (46:17)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- MAPS Fitness Products Black Friday Sale is LIVE! **Promo code “BLACKFRIDAY” at checkout**
- Visit ZBiotics for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- 6 Years after The Biggest Loser, Metabolism Is Slower and Weight Is Back Up
- Strength is Protective – Mind Pump Blog
- What is NEAT and Why Should You Care About it? - Mind Pump Blog
- Mind Pump #1037: How Ultra-Processed Foods Are Making You Fat, Sick, & Weak
- Chewing Your Food: Is 32 Really the Magic Number?
- Mind Pump #1690: Eight Holiday Hacks To Prevent Fat Gain
- Why do we Need Protein? - Mind Pump Blog
- Mind Pump Podcast – YouTube
- Mind Pump Free Resources
- Paul Chek (@paul.chek) Instagram