Ep19: Building a community to drive your marketing with Lisa and Louise from Share with Oscar
Manage episode 258253667 series 2582807
By Metigy. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
What you will learn in this episode
- How to build your product around customers
- Marketing to your customer's pain points
- Taking on customer feedback and integrating it into future versions of your product
- Word of mouth marketing
- How Oscar got 67 referrals from 1 customer!
- After getting traction in one city, how to expand your marketing activity to the rest of the country
- Using different marketing tactics for a double-sided marketplace business
- How to get started when you know nothing about marketing (spoiler alert: flyers)
- Why offline marketing still works
- How offline marketing can be a good excuse to talk to customers and get valuable feedback
- How to scale your business with limited resources
- How can small businesses utilise the sharing economy
- Why it’s important to have business mentors to take your business to the next level
- Why supervillains are good at loyalty marketing ('Darth Vader is crushing it')
- Why learning on the job can be the best way to learn marketing
- Why failure is a good thing (sometimes)
- Don’t build any new features without talking to customers first
COVID-19 healthcare worker campaign to share free parking spaces around hospitals for healthcare workers
What business would you build on Mars?
This might sound like a bit of a cop-out but it would have to be like a Google Translate for like Martian communication, to communicate between the inhabitants of Mars and us new inhabitants.
Brendan: You guys are very good building apps as well.
Lisa: Yeah, exactly. We'll build that.
Get in touch with Lisa and Louise
To see the full episode transcript and get a listener exclusive 3 month free trial of Metigy, visit metigy.com/podcast