Manage episode 365139617 series 1203992
In episode #2473, we talk about where consumer confidence sits right now. The global economy has had to adapt to some pretty major events over the past three years, from a worldwide pandemic to the war in Ukraine. And many consumers are feeling the effects of these developments. We discuss the spending habits of different consumers, who we’ve seen adopting a defensive position, and how marketing companies are impacted during a down economy. For all this and more, press play now!
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:00] Today’s topic: Where Consumer Confidence Sits Right Now.
- [00:30] Observations on current Gen Z spending habits.
- [01:20] The demographic that has noticeably slowed down their spending since 2022.
- [01:52] An overview of how companies are doing in the current economy.
- [04:01] Insight into why many companies are taking on a defensive position.
- [04:49] Why people tend to cut marketing first during a down economy.
- [05:18] What rail traffic data can teach us about the state of the economy?
- [08:19] That’s it for today! Don’t forget to rate, review, and subscribe!
Go to https://www.marketingschool.io to learn more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Don’t forget to help us grow by subscribing and liking on YouTube!
- Rail Traffic Data - Association of American Railroads
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should we talk about next? Please let us know in the comments below
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review.
Connect with Us: