How to Embrace Ease & Flow in Your Life with Zakia Haughton
Manage episode 297904127 series 1469868
Have you ever felt bad about feeling bad?
We often feel shame for feeling anything negative. We think, “If I’m not happy, that means something is wrong with me.”
The truth is there’s no way to avoid negative feelings in life, but there are some things you can do to help yourself understand them and even embrace them.
In this episode I’m joined by Zakia Haughton, CEO and business systems extraordinaire, to talk about how getting truly in touch with your feelings can make everything in your life flow with more ease.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Zakia got to the place of embracing ease and flow in her own life, and why she says it’s about so much more than balance [1:10]
- Why she says that experimentation and curiosity has played a key role in her personal journey [5:12]
- The ways we can use nature to guide us through our “seasons” [10:41]
- Specific practices Zakia uses to break feelings of discomfort, and an experience she had that showed her that no feeling is permanent [23:55]
- Why she has always had issues with the concept of “perfection” [40:07]
- A powerful gift that Zakia has been giving herself lately, and why she realized this needed to happen [45:20]
- A final reminder on why we shouldn’t be resisting our feelings when they arise [48:22] Zakia’s
Zakia’s website: https://www.zakiahaughton.com