78. Grief, Break-Ups, & Food
Manage episode 352194792 series 2969132
What role does food play in grief (around death, breakups, or existential itchiness)? In this episode Sarah & Stef share some personal stories, including a little cry!
- Sarah’s loss of her Mum
- Stef’s losses of relationships
- The idea of a “revenge body”
- Weight gain as a “sign” of a breakup?
- Stef’s loss of a primary friendship in college, and what happened after
- Nostalgia (grief) for places and eras of life
- Searching for food that will take that feeling away
- Existential grief, even as experienced by 11 year olds
- The role of acceptance
- Sarah literally working through a grief moment in real time on the podcast
Connect with the show!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lifeafterdietspodcast/
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.lifeafterdietspodcast.com
Connect with Sarah Dosanjh
Website – www.thebingeeatingtherapist.com
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBingeEatingTherapist
Sarah’s book I Can’t Stop Eating is available on Amazon
Connect with Stefanie Michele
Website – www.iamstefaniemichele.com
Binge Eating Recovery Foundations - www.iamstefaniemichele.com/iamstefaniemichelecourse