77. But Do Binge Urges Ever Completely Disappear?
Manage episode 351473339 series 2969132
In this episode, Sarah and Stef talk about their relationship with food from a recovered perspective. Do we ever feel binge urges? Does a disordered tendency ever really disappear?
- Stef’s experience of over-hunger and how it impacts her urge to eat
- Sarah’s experience of brunch last Sunday
- Cake as a habit and compulsion (minus guilt) – Sarah’s story
- Food neutrality does not mean some foods aren’t more appealing
- What about dopamine?
- What about emotional urges to eat? And cravings?
- Do urges to restrict ever go away?
- Binge eating as something we always have to manage, and the difference of opinion on that
- Are there any conditions in which Sarah or Stef feel their binges would come back?
- Are there advantages to having a history of binge eating, once recovered?
- Do urges to eat just turn into other types of urges?
Connect with the show!
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/lifeafterdietspodcast/
Email – email@example.com
Website – www.lifeafterdietspodcast.com
Connect with Sarah Dosanjh
Website – www.thebingeeatingtherapist.com
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBingeEatingTherapist
Sarah’s book I Can’t Stop Eating is available on Amazon
Connect with Stefanie Michele
Binge Recovery 3-month Program -- www.iamstefaniemichele.com/iamstefaniemichelecourse
Work With Stef -- www.iamstefaniemichele.com/application