Manage episode 301590622 series 2834838
Breathing is a gift that we often take for granted—until it’s taken away from us. It’s literally a life and death process. Jacob Cooper understands this all-too-well after suffocating from whooping cough, a respiratory tract infection that is fatal for infants.
At the young age of 3, Jacob’s body shut down from oxygen deprivation and he experienced an OBE (Out of Body Experience) that shaped his perspective of life and death. In this episode of the Let’s Talk Near Death podcast, Jacob shares his NDE, what he learned from the experience, and how this shaped his life path.
Jacob Cooper is now a Clinical Social Worker, Certified Hypnotherapist, and Certified Reiki Master. He specializes in Past Life Regression Therapy, where he leverages his own experience and research to share insights on the mystery of life.
Jacob is also the author of “Life After Breath,” which is a wonderful read that talks about how a brush with fatality gave him a glimpse of immortality.
Key Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The experience of having an NDE at age 3 and recalling the experience with profound detail. Memories of trauma are often unique – our bodies and brain respond differently to threats.
- How suffocating from a fatal respiratory tract infection (whooping cough) drastically changed Jacob’s life and inspired his new book, Life After Breath.
- Going on a rollercoaster ride of despair from oxygen deprivation and euphoric elements of familiarity in encountering what Jacob describes as “the eternal light of God.”
- “Do you feel like you can tap into everything that happened? Or was it too big, too vast, to be utilized today?”
- The idea of feeling spiritually connected or having an inkling that something might happen. The experience of Jacob coming back into his physical body—including suppressed emotions and the challenge of not being able to describe the profound experience. “I was so infuriated by waking up after being in heaven to a cold hospital bed.” Jacob’s connection to the “voice of eternity” and having a choice to come back.
- The idea of opening up ourselves to infinite possibilities and not being stuck in a fixed viewpoint of awareness.
- “How much of life do you think is already pre-planned?” Predestined Life vs Free will. Can we screw things up?
- Listen to Jacob’s response to; “What would you say to somebody who's maybe searching a little bit deeper, to tap into knowing how they can live their best life and live with purpose and be on track?”
You can find more of Jacob Cooper at: Website: https://jacoblcooper.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jacobcooperlcsw/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jacobcooperlcsw/ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jacob-cooper-lcsw-799049139 Life After Breath Book: https://jacoblcooper.com/life-after-breath