Manage episode 299003396 series 2955814
On our very first episode of the LeadUP Podcast, we speak to a University of Pretoria alumna who is a trailblazer in her field.
Taelo Mojapelo has been the CEO of BP Southern Africa since June 2020, making her only the second African woman in the country’s oil and gas industry to head a multinational company. Mojapelo did her MBA at UP’s Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS).
On this episode she speaks to us about:
- Finding your purpose or your ‘why’ as a basis for leadership and building trust in teams.
- Articulating your strategy clearly as a leader by tailoring your communication throughout the hierarchy of a big organisation.
- Successes that got her to where she is now, and how to lead yourself toward your success.
- Starting a new position during the COVID-19 pandemic and demonstrating ethical leadership during this time.
- Promoting diversity of thought and not only of demographics in an organisation.
Subscribe to the LeadUP Podcast today – click here to find LeadUP Podcast in
your favourite podcast app, or go to www.up.ac.za/LeadUP and click on
LeadUP Podcast. Help us out by rating and reviewing us. New episodes are out every second Monday.
LeadUP is a production of the University of Pretoria’s Alumni Office. Our host is Lennox Wasara and our team includes Elna Schütz and Samantha Castle. Our sound engineers are Louis Cloete Productions.