Manage episode 302171651 series 2955814
Miss South Africa 2020, Shudufhadzo Musida, obtained a Bachelor of Social Science in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from the University of Pretoria.
She has used her reign to bring awareness to mental health issues, has launched her #MindfulMondays mental health online programme and addressed the United Nations on the subject. Musida has also placed her focus on the educational and economic empowerment of children and women. More recently, she published a children’s book that focuses on bullying and the power of friendship.
On this episode she speaks about:
- the journey that led her from being a shy girl with big dreams to trusting her inner voice and winning the crown;
- the significance of education and being of service, and how change can start small;
- how self-awareness and mental health support can advance not only your own journey, but society as a whole;
- what she has learned about leadership during her reign; and
- the change for women that she would like to see;
Subscribe to the LeadUP Podcast today – click here to find LeadUP Podcast in your favourite podcast app, or go to www.up.ac.za/LeadUP and click on LeadUP Podcast. New episodes are out every second Monday. Help us out by rating and reviewing us.
LeadUP is a production of the University of Pretoria’s Alumni Office. Our host is Lennox Wasara and our team includes Elna Schütz and Samantha Castle. Our sound engineers are Louis Cloete Productions.