Manage episode 367039456 series 2955814
Professor Shakila Dada is the Director of the University of Pretoria’s Centre for Augmentative and Alternative Communication. Her work focuses on improving the lives of people with severe communication difficulties. She is a powerful example of UP alumni becoming staff and building long-running relationships with the institution that ultimately help change lives on a large scale.
On this episode, she chats to us about:
- How improved communication can help people live better, fuller lives.
- What she has learned through working with vulnerable communities.
- What it has been like to be at UP as it transforms and changes.
- Why inclusion of marginalised people is key to progress.
- How each of us can help make our society a more inclusive and happier place.
Find us by going to www.up.ac.za/leadup and clicking on Podcasts. To listen, you can stream, download, and subscribe online or on your favourite podcast app on your phone. Help us out by rating and reviewing us. New episodes are out on the last Monday of the month.
LeadUP is a production of the University of Pretoria’s Alumni Office. Our host is Lennox Wasara and our team includes Elna Schütz and Samantha Castle. Our technical engineers are Meropa Communications.