Manage episode 300014802 series 2955814
She became a minister during the COVID-19 pandemic, but has had a passion for social justice since childhood. On this second episode of the LeadUP Podcast, we speak to the Honourable Yvonne Dausab, Minister of Justice of Namibia, who holds a Master of Laws degree, specialising in Human Rights and Democratisation in Africa, from UP.
Dausab is the former Chairperson of Namibia’s Law Reform and Development Commission, and was previously the Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Law at the University of Namibia.
On this episode she speaks to us about:
- How her time at UP has influenced her career.
- Leading, particularly in government, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How her upbringing in Windhoek’s Katutura township set her on a path in pursuit of social justice.
- What she has done to stay grounded and connected with herself and her constituents.
- How her values have influenced her service-orientated leadership style.
Find us by going to www.up.ac.za/leadup and clicking on Podcasts. To listen, you can stream, download, and subscribe online or on your favourite podcast app on your phone. Help us out by rating and reviewing us. New episodes are out every second Monday.
LeadUP is a production of the University of Pretoria’s Alumni Office. Our host is Lennox Wasara and our team includes Elna Schütz and Samantha Castle. Our sound engineers are Louis Cloete Productions.