Manage episode 314308523 series 2955814
Deepa Sita is the Chief Financial Officer at Tiger Brands, after holding similar roles at the likes of Mondelēz and Makro. She grew up working in a family business that she then took over after her father’s death.
She is a qualified chartered accountant and holds an MBA (Cum Laude) from the University of Pretoria’s Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS).
On this episode she speaks about:
- Falling in love with being a chartered accountant and making good business decisions.
- Taking over the family business under difficult circumstances after her father’s death.
- Why failing her board exam turned out to be a positive turning point in her career.
- Why she surrounds herself with people that would be good enough to take over her job.
- Being willing to do something you don’t yet know how to do.
Subscribe to the LeadUP Podcast today – click here to find LeadUP Podcast in your favourite podcast app, or go to www.up.ac.za/LeadUP and click on LeadUP Podcast. New episodes are out every second Monday. Help us out by rating and reviewing us.
LeadUP is a production of the University of Pretoria’s Alumni Office. Our host is Lennox Wasara and our team includes Elna Schütz and Samantha Castle. Our sound engineers are Louis Cloete Productions.