Manage episode 311197779 series 2955814
Andries Levi Pretorius is a serial entrepreneur, from selling candy floss as a student to innovating in the real estate industry.
He completed his BCom Honours in Finance & Entrepreneurship at the University of Pretoria while running a leading confectionery business called Willmor Candy Co.
He later co-founded an extraordinary property investment group, WeBuyProp, and is currently the head of strategic partnership and growth at LeadHome.
On this episode he speaks about:
- Enjoying the thrill of entrepreneurship from a young age.
- Some of the problems he’s faced and solved, including selling candy floss to students.
- Being led by a big-picture vision.
- His struggle to reconcile his entrepreneurial spirit with a previous corporate role.
- How entrepreneurship isn’t as sexy as it might look on social media.
Subscribe to the LeadUP Podcast today – click here to find LeadUP Podcast in your favourite podcast app, or go to www.up.ac.za/LeadUP and click on LeadUP Podcast. New episodes are out every second Monday. Help us out by rating and reviewing us.
LeadUP is a production of the University of Pretoria’s Alumni Office. Our host is Lennox Wasara and our team includes Elna Schütz and Samantha Castle. Our sound engineers are Louis Cloete Productions.