Manage episode 300590162 series 2973481
In Season 2, Episode 10 of Lead Time Chats, Jean Hsu, VP of Engineering at Range, chats with Jack Danger, VP of Engineering at Pathstream, about technical debt — when to take it on, when and how to pay it down, and how to think about it.
Jack and Jean discuss:
- How to think about technical debt as you might think about financial debt - when do you take it on, and when do you pay it down?
- Why you don't actually want your startup's codebase to have no technical debt
- How to strategically take on technical debt so that you can make higher-ROI investments
- What 0% interest technical debt looks like versus high interest rate technical debt
- How to align product, engineering, and design behind common goals and metrics