Manage episode 304522338 series 3770
This week's episode is sponsored by:Carry your creativity with Erin Lane Bags! Whether you show your fiber fandom with the woolly wonder Sheepleverse, or dive into history with the Curiosities collection, our project bags, totes, and hook and needle
organizers are at the ready to keep your hobby happy. Go to HelloFresh dot com slash knitmore14 and use code knitmore14 for up to 14 free meals, plus free shipping! When was the last time your knitting yarn was a work of art? Infinite Twist produces one-of-a-kind semi-solid gradients featuring speckles, high-lights, low-lights, and gorgeous color transitions. From 700 y Giant Gradients to 200 y matching sock sets, Infinite Twist Gradients will hold your interest from cast on to bind off. See the currently available gradients at infinitetwist.com, or be the first to know when new colors are posted by signing up for our newsletter at infinitetwist.com/newsletter-signup Have you ever had to frog because you forgot a step several rows back? Or lost your spot because you dropped your magnet board or lost track with your highlighter tape? Instead of wrestling with paper, use the knitCompanion app. It keeps you on track so you can knit more and frog less. knitCompanion works with ALL your patterns and is available for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire Devices
Bummed about missing Rhinebeck? So are we! Lisa Souza dyeworks specializes in dyeing mill spun yarns and fabulously decadent luxury handspun yarns, for discerning collectors. Soothe your Rhinebeck FOMO with some delicious decadence at Lisaknit.com
Are you feeling dis-GRUNT-eled about your stash? Are you browsing Insta-HAM looking for knitting inspiration? Is color "kind of a PIG deal" in your life? Oink Pigments offers over one hundred forty PIG-ture perfect colorways to make you SQUEAL with delight.
For a limited time only, bring home the bacon with code KNITMORE and get fifteen percent off in-stock yarns and fibers at oinkpigments dot com. Shop soon, because these pigs will FLY!
One minute Health update
On the Needles:(0:49)
- Genevieve wound Little Skein, Targee sweater, in Cider Donuts 2x
- Jasmin has finished the first sleeve and started the second on her #RhinebeckSweater- Bare Branches by Alana Dakos in Little Skein in the Big Wool, Targhee Sweater “Cider Donuts”.
- Gigi is working on autopilot socks for Jasmin: Online SuperSocke 2317 from Black Squirrel in Berkeley
- Genevieve worked on a hat at school, Gigi has a flashback
- Jasmin started a silk embroidery project with Little Skein silk embroidery floss from “The Embroidered Garden” by Kazuko Aoki (Join Anne’s mailing list)
- Jasmin recommends Infinite Twist's mailing list
- Gigi finished knitting the green and yellow Changing of the Gourd. Musselburg hat
- Genevieve wound Oink Pigments, Targee Sock, in This is the Weigh, September 2021
- Gigi cast on another Musselberg hat by Ysolda out of Oink Pigments in the Halloween colorway This is the Weigh. Jasmin called it.
- Gigi is working on the second sleeve of the Rocky Coast Cardigan Decreases for the upper arm are done. Working on the underarm decreases
- Gigi snuggled under the Halloween quilt, and the KAL King quilt . She wore the flannel shirt
- from the beginning clothing construction class
- Genevieve wore her Anna cardigan, Gryffindor hat and scarf set, and hand sewn masks,
- Also: Pantasic hoodie, Waters Edge cardigan, Payne Pullover
- Rex wore his fox hat, hand sewn masks and the Lion heart Hoodie
- Jasmin used the comforter that she visibly mended
- RHINEBECK! October 16-17 2021, and Indie Untangled !
- Stitches West 2022, Sacramento CA (March 3-6, 2022)
- Digital COVID19 Vaccine Record website
Mother Knows Best:(33:26)
Google what you can, ask a friend who knows more when you can’t (fixing the OTT lite)
When Knitting Attacks:(41:16)
Buy a new one, find the old one strikes again (pellon 541)
Purloined: from the Yarniacs :(46:31)
Wear a shawl every day in November!
Knits in Space:(48:55)
The Gentle Art of Fortune Hunting (m/m regency romance)
And Sew On: (54:33)
- Trouser Drafting class at Cañada College :
- Gigi finished the basic pants pattern, and from that pattern, drafted a jeans pattern and sewed the muslin. Genevieve helped. Also :Sew painful!
- Gigi traced, and Jasmin cut clear templates for fussy cut masks