Manage episode 301743463 series 2391269
This episode is sponsored by:Carry your creativity with Erin Lane Bags! Whether you show your fiber fandom with the woolly wonder Sheepleverse, or dive into history with the Curiosities collection, our project bags, totes, and hook and needle
organizers are at the ready to keep your hobby happy.
When was the last time your knitting yarn was a work of art? Infinite Twist produces one-of-a-kind semi-solid gradients featuring speckles, high-lights, low-lights, and gorgeous color transitions. From 700 y Giant Gradients to 200 y matching sock sets, Infinite Twist Gradients will hold your interest from cast on to bind off. See the currently available gradients at infinitetwist.com, or be the first to know when new colors are posted by signing up for our newsletter at infinitetwist.com/newsletter-signup Have you ever had to frog because you forgot a step several rows back? Or lost your spot because you dropped your magnet board or lost track with your highlighter tape? Instead of wrestling with paper, use the knitCompanion app. It keeps you on track so you can knit more and frog less. knitCompanion works with ALL your patterns and is available for Apple, Android, and Kindle Fire Devices We’d like to tell you about one of our favorite makers: Little Skein Anne.Anne is a knitter, designer, artist and storyteller. Little Skein is her shop. She makes beautiful handmade knitting kits, hand-dyes yarn, illustrates project bags, and is slowly designing a handmade wardrobe in her San Francisco home studio. She inspires YOUR creative journey by sharing her own. Her yarn and kits support you to make beautiful things, including a more sustainable, nourishing and equitable world. Are you feeling dis-GRUNT-eled about your stash? Are you browsing Insta-HAM looking for knitting inspiration? Is color "kind of a PIG deal" in your life? Oink Pigments offers over one hundred forty PIG-ture perfect colorways to make you SQUEAL with delight.
For a limited time only, bring home the bacon with code KNITMORE and get fifteen percent off in-stock yarns and fibers at oinkpigments dot com. Shop soon, because these pigs will FLY! The Sandpiper Gift & Yarn Boutique and Hoof-to-Hanger Fiber Mill in Bridgman, MI. The Sandpiper offers artisan - designed gifts (local, regional, national artists and Fair Trade products). The boutique also offers their cottage industry fiber mill products - yarn, roving, corespun, batting, knit/woven garments, accessories, home goods and an exclusive Yarn and Fiber Club. Explore www.thesandpiper.biz!
One minute Health update
On the Needles:(0:45)
- Genevieve worked on Jasmin’s Theano test knit
- Jasmin FINISHED! her Theano test knit
- Gigi cast on a pair of autopilot socks for Jasmin Gigi
- Genevieve wound Subito Farms, Estabrook in "Marigold"
- Genevieve wound Tess Yarns,Kitten,Sliver
- Gigi is working on the Bramwell shawl out of Tess Yarns Kitten for Grandma Naheed
- Jasmin is making good progress on the Pyramis test knit for Ainur Berkambayeva
- Jasmin changed the collar on the Cabled Raglan pullover for Dr Gemma
- Genevieve worked on her hat
- Gigi cast on another Musselberg hat by Ysolda out of Oink Pigments Ladybug Love
- Jasmin is test knitting the Ursa Canis Dog sweater by Jacqueline Cieslak for Han in Little Skein Targhee Sweater "Juniper"
- Genevieve wore her Gryffindor Hat, her Hearthstone, her Manos Sweater, her Water’s Edge cardigan(our of Abstrct Fibers Perfect red), her Sweet Im-peach-ment Hat, her scarf she made herself, her Barberry Sweater, and her Anna Cardigan
- Gigi snuggled under the Halloween quilt, and the KAL King quilt
- Jasmin wore her Odds and ends cardigan and her Bandit cardigan
- Stash Dash is over!
- Knitgirllls are giving away prizes
- Jasmin has posted her Stash Dash spreadsheet here
- Bay Area Fiber Fair - JUNE 25 - SEPTEMBER 23, 2021
- RHINEBECK! October 16-17 2021, and Indie Untangled !
Mother Knows Best:(24:17)
When you get it done, is when you get it done!Purloined From Sheepspot
When Knitting Attacks(28:33)
- Jasmin neglected to add the bust darts to her Pyramis. Rrrrrip
- Gigi is foiled by a model, the Roomba, and not using the KnitCompanion app.
Straw into Gold(37:41)
- Finished plying the Lisa Souza Ultrafine Australian Merino Roving (Emerald city) , for the INCREDIBLES set of family sweaters
- Finished plying the white Sue Reuser cormo (“Farrah”)
- Genevieve wound Skeins of finished Sue Reuser cormo 3ply and 4ply (4 skeins wound,3 left to wind)
- Genevieve counted yardage for her mom’s Liza Souza, Australian Superfine Merino, 4ply,in Emerald City(four skeins) (total yardage for this is 1,386 (not multiplied by 5 yet))
- Genevieve practiced winding bobbins
Knits in Space:(43:03)
Visit with Dr Gemma
Wollkanal. Frieda und Laura, Saga of about 300kg colored wool, Röhnschaf,
And Sew On: (42:55)
- Trouser Drafting class at Cañada College started.
- Jasmin measured