Manage episode 341982196 series 2084879
It’s crazy to think that it’s been almost three years since the world shut down due to the pandemic. There’s no denying that the interior design industry has been greatly affected in many ways over the last three years. Today Joann and Kelly share how they kept their projects flowing, their clients happy, and overcame endless challenges throughout the pandemic. Tune in to this episode to learn how Joann and Kelly navigated the pandemic and where the interior design industry stands today.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [02:50] Why customer communication and transparency are so important for Joann and Kelly.
- [04:46] Why having your design team involved at the start of a project is a good idea.
- [05:30] How Joann and Kelly’s team works together to manage every step of each project.
- [09:40] Maintaining relationships with trusted vendors and manufacturers in today’s design industry.
- [18:33] Joann and Kelly share how trying new products and materials can really pay off.
- [22:10] How Joann and Kelly adapted to longer turnaround times for product installs or shipping delays.
- [27:30] Important Announcements.
- Making sure your clients enter a project with realistic expectations and understanding of lead times will positively impact their expectations and overall experience.
- People want things quickly, but in the end, if you really wait for the piece that you want, it will be worth it.
- Designers cannot have all of their eggs in one basket. Having one upholsterer, one framer, one contractor, etc. can backfire if that vendor gets backed up or is understaffed and cannot provide the products and services they did before.
- In such a demanding industry, you cannot just sit back and let things happen to you. Being able to pivot quickly and alter business practices is crucial to survival.
Kandrac & Kole was voted one of Atlanta’s Top 20 Residential Interior Designs by the Atlanta Business Chronicle, and has been featured on HGTV as well as in The New York Times, Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles, Better Homes & Gardens, Southern Home Magazine and many others as well as participants of the One Room Challenge Spring 2020. Kandrac & Kole has established a well known reputation for their approachable, dynamic personalities, their signature use of color and pattern and their one of a kind, custom designs.
As industry experts for residential and commercial design, Joann Kandrac & Kelly Kole share upbeat and entertaining narratives regarding their design projects, travels and personal stories on their popular blog, their podcast and via national speaking engagements. Joann and Kelly’s love and commitment to the power of interior design also extends towards their charity work throughout the U.S. and Guatemala.