Manage episode 326298776 series 2084879
Recently, Kelly and Joann made the difficult decision not to attend the Spring High Point Market in April 2022. Things are busier than they’ve ever been in their 17 years in business and since Kelly and Joann had been to the last three markets, they decided to stay put and work, work, work! Instead, they reached out to several friends and colleagues who did attend the market who could give listeners the scoop on what they saw and what we can expect to see in the way of color, fabrics, furnishings, supply chain issues and lead times in the industry. Listen in to hear from designers across the U.S. on the hottest trends to be on the lookout for!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [00:30] Introduction and sponsor information
- [02:45] Debbie Bassnet and Jessica Duce talk colors, texture and lead times
- [06:52] Linda Holt and Laura Miya share Southwestern color trends and new textures
- [13:06] Elizabeth Scruggs and Christine Phillips mention warmer finishes and favorite brand collections
- [18:15] Grant Ford and Jennifer Stone agree on the casualization of home furnishings and the move towards soft, curved shapes
- [23:12] Kerry Howard and Dennis Scully talk about industry challenges and vintage, casual and cozy styles emerging
- Gray is on its way out and beige is coming in, as well as Southwestern colors being introduced.
- Lead times are sadly not improving and more price increases are expected. However, companies are looking into quick ship programs and domestic based manufacturing to help decrease lead times.
- Boucle is the trending textile for upholstered furniture and wood pieces in darker shades with textures such as caning and rattan are becoming more popular.
Guest Designers and Colleagues:
“I don’t usually brag about going to expensive places, but I just left the gas station.”
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” - Sara Blakely, Founder, Spanx
This episode of Inside Design is sponsored by Norwalk Furniture. Norwalk has been handcrafting custom upholstery for over 100 years and serves the design community throughout the country. They presented a new collection of fabrics and upholstery frames at this past Spring High Point Market. They have a virtual walk through of the showroom on their website that brings to life the recent show so you can see what is new, and for those like us that couldn’t attend, we can now see it on the site. Visit their gorgeous products at one of their three year round showrooms (Dallas, Atlanta and Las Vegas) or online at NorwalkFurniture.com. Also, don’t miss the remarkable 360 Design Tool app that makes selecting custom upholstery fast, fun and foolproof. Available for Apple, Android and on their website. Make sure to check it out!