Manage episode 307548502 series 2084879
We are so excited to welcome our guest, Libby Langdon. Libby is an interior designer, an author, a product designer, and a makeover television personality. Libby has her own NYC-based design firm, Libby Interiors, Inc., and is known for easy elegant styles and home furnishing collections. Her designs have been featured on NBC’s Today Show, HGTV, and numerous leading shelter magazines. Tune in to this episode to hear more from Libby, Joann, and Kelly!
In this episode:
- [04:11] Libby’s experience with product design and licensing
- [11:36] Using show house designs for photos and marketing
- [16:25] Libby’s love for being on camera, YouTube, make-over television, and using these video as a way to grow her business
- [23:30] Libby talks about her goals for the future, where she sees her business going, and what kind of work she looks forward to doing
- Although it’s not always a way to get jobs, Libby has used show houses as a way to showcase all of her pieces and designs at once. It is also a way to get professional photography done for her marketing materials and social media posts.
- Video is a key part of marketing for Libby and it doesn’t have to be professional- people want to see authentic raw footage and details. You can keep videos super simple by just walking through and explaining your design choices.
- Taking on fewer jobs gives you the time to work on bigger projects to really showcase your work.
Funny quote: “I just hate it when Walmart doesn’t have what I need and I have to go home, change out of my pajamas and take a shower so I can go to Target”
Serious quote: “Our homes, communities and surrounding environment directly affect our daily behaviors and lifestyles, and together, these determine up to 80% to 90% of our health outcomes. ‘Our spaces matter. They have a huge impact on our health and mental wellbeing.” .....The Global Wellness Institute
This episode is sponsored by Jill Seale. Jill Seale Design Studio has won numerous awards and accolades in the gift and home industry and has crafted a far-reaching lifestyle brand. Jill translates her distinctive creativity into home fashions that are inspired by everything from travel and nature to fascinating color stories in everyday life. Whether partnering with manufacturers for lively gifts, tabletop, dinnerware, greeting cards and more or creating artisanal-inspired fabrics, wallcovering, home accents, furniture and rugs, Seale channels the goal of creating work that uplifts and adds a dash of sparkle. Her products are sold worldwide and through fine boutiques and leading retailers including Target, Hallmark, World Market and Pier 1, Macy’s and Nordstrom. Seale’s creations also represent a national memorial in the nation’s capital as well as gracing the Paris runway.