Manage episode 324655568 series 2794269
Gina Tranquada is a 37 year old occupational therapist, runner, wife and mother of 2 children from Winnipeg, MB. After playing many sports while a teenager, Gina found herself getting more into running while in college. Despite having a young family and a busy career, Gina has continued to foster the fire that started to burn during that time and has excelled in a variety of distances and races. She has won the Manitoba Marathon twice and the half marathon once. Last year, she competed in 4 ultras in 2 months, completing the Sinister Triple “Mini” which included breaking the Canadian Near Death Race Marathon course record.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How she fits it all in
- Gina’s training and racing philosophy
- How one trains for mountain ultras in Winnipeg during a pandemic
- The importance and power of the team behind the runner
This #motherrunner is not slowing down and seems to have energy to spare. We hope you feel as energized as we did after listening to this conversation with Gina!
Resources we discussed in the episode:
- Favourite Mantra: "Keep it simple stupid." (Claude Berube) "To give anything less than your best is sacrifice the gift." (Steve Prefontaine)
- Favourite Place to Run: Her cottage at Brereton Lake in the summer
- Bucket List Race: Western States 100M
- Favourite Running Book: Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor
- Favourite Post Run Indulgence: Watermelon and a root beer float from Skinner's.
Connect with Kim & Carolyn: