Manage episode 332796842 series 2794269
Jane Quinton is a 56 year old runner from Winnipeg, MB who, despite not taking up running until her late 40s, has already qualified for Boston four times and ran the iconic race twice. In this episode we dive deep into the weeds of how Jane has become even smarter about her race execution as she’s continued to gain experience in the sport. A few weeks ago at the Fargo Marathon, Jane pulled something off that we’ve only ever seen at the elite level; she ran perfectly even splits of 1:56:52 for the first and second halves of the race, finishing in a time of 3:53:44 and qualifying for Boston with an 11:16 buffer!
Being successful in the marathon requires more than just superb aerobic fitness - it requires discipline and patience early on in order to have something left to fight with over the final 10K. And we couldn’t think of anyone better to talk about this with than the marathon pacing queen herself, Jane Quinton.
Connect with Jane:
Resources we discussed in the episode:
- Favourite Mantra: Settle in, relax, smile. One mile at time Janie, you’ve got this!
- Favourite Place to Run: Trails at Victoria Beach
- Bucket List Race: London Marathon
- Favourite Running Book: Let Your Mind Run by Deena Kastor
- Favourite Post Run Indulgence: Cold beer
Connect with Carolyn & Kim: