Manage episode 318510465 series 2794269
Janelle Vincent joins us to talk to us about nutritional considerations for runners and athletes. She is a Registered Dietitian working as a Sport Dietitian with the University of Manitoba Bisons, Canadian Sports Centre Manitoba, Pro Prep Academy and many other provincial teams and athletes. She has completed a Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science, a Bachelor of Science in Human Nutritional Sciences, the International Olympic Committee Diploma in Sports Nutrition and has been a Dietitian for over 13 years. She is also a runner and was a Manitoba Bison athlete for five years in collegiate track and field and cross-country. Janelle works with athletes in developing nutrition for health as well as nutrition for sport goals.
In this episode we discuss:
- nutrition before, during and after workouts/training sessions
- race day nutrition
- considerations for recovery
- the use of caffeine and supplements
- relative energy deficiency in sport, and
- the variety of common diet trends runners may be tempted to try.
Janelle drops numerous nuggets of wisdom and tips to help every runner fuel for optimal performance!
Connect with us: