Manage episode 364736105 series 3480245
- What makes you tenacious is you have to have something deep within you that you're always looking ahead and knowing why you're getting up.
- A victim balls up in a fetal position, points fingers at everybody, and it takes all your strength away.
- I think when someone goes to prison, the whole family goes to prison and everybody has to deal with it on their own terms and they have to lean on each other to deal with that.
- I was just so incredibly lucky at 15 years old to understand that this 13-year-old girl at that time was going to be such an incredible mother, wife to go through because we were living a very good life.
- Anything that you're going to go do in life that's out of your comfort zone, you're going to have to walk through your fears.
- The only thing that walks you through your scary points or your nervous, or your fear, your nightmare, is having a passion.
- Keep being yourself regardless of the circumstances, otherwise you'll lose what makes you, you.
- I always say to people when I'm talking to other people is that nothing is as bad as your mind makes it out to be. Not even prison.
[00:45] Intro to Podcast
[03:08] Intro to episode guest
[04:28] One word that describes Brent personally and professionally.
[06:44] Talk about your background a little bit.
[27:22] What was the exact charges or allegations against you that caused you go to go to prison?
[38:19] Brent talks about his Redemption piece.
[41:32] Did you write your book in prison or out?
[52:02] How many books you read while you were in prison?
[53:03] Best book you read?
Book: Nightmare Success