Manage episode 340465285 series 2969160
📩 Want ancient lessons for modern life delivered to your inbox daily? Sign up for the Perennial Meditations newsletter.
In this episode, my guest is Shaila Catherine, the author of Beyond Distraction: Five Practical Ways to Focus the Mind. Shaila is a renowned meditation teacher and author of three books on concentration and insight meditation. She teaches meditation retreats worldwide and founded Bodhi Courses, an online dharma classroom. Shaila is the principal teacher for Insight Meditation South Bay, a center for mindfulness, compassion, and wisdom in Silicon Valley, California. You can learn more about Shaila’s work at shailacatherine.com.
In the conversation, we discuss:
- Focus and concentration
- The difference between the content of thoughts and the process of thinking
- We explore five practical ways to work with your mind
- The wisdom of contemplation and much more
Support the Show:
- Subscribe to Perennial Meditations on Substack
- Read articles on Medium; become a member
- Record a studio-quality podcast on Squadcast; start a free trial today