From Soul Crushing to SoulCycle: How Steph Made the Leap to Work She Loves
Manage episode 359059426 series 2391410
What if you didn’t have to escape your job? What if the place you were your happiest and the place you felt most alive was actually where you worked? Steph had known for almost 9 years that she felt the most alive, and the most like herself, in fitness studios, but she had never allowed herself to believe that she could actually build a career in fitness. Steph had a great career in the Marine Corps, and then with Amazon, but she never felt like she was doing work that was true to her. In this episode, she discusses her realization that she could make a living doing what she loved, and how she took the leap to pick up her life and go after it.
What you’ll learn
- The importance of building a career in alignment with your life
- How to use feedback from your support system to find a career that fits you
- The importance of defining success for yourself when pursuing work you love
We want to hear from you! Take our first-ever listener survey: https://happentoyourcareer.com/survey
Have career change questions or want to make an introduction? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to chat with someone on the team about your situation? Schedule a conversation
What career fits you? Join our free 8 Day Mini Course to figure it out!
Career Change Guide - Learn how high-performers discover their ideal career and find meaningful, well-paid work without starting over.
- Should I Quit My Job? How to Know It’s Time (Spotify / Apple Podcasts)
- Stuck in a Career You're Unhappy With? Fear Of Taking Risks Could Be Keeping You There (Spotify / Apple Podcasts)