Manage episode 372793962 series 2391159
Soltech has achieved remarkable success in recent years, growing from a small startup to a million-dollar business. For long-time listeners, you probably bought their grow lights already using my coupon code Bloom15, and I’m sure you love them as much as I do! And for those who haven’t, join me in this episode as we talk in-depth with Soltech’s founders and my dear plant friends—Chris, Mike, and Paul—about their remarkable journey, the challenges they overcame, and the strategies that propelled them to the pinnacle of success.
In this episode, we learn:
- [06:13] Get to know the three people behind SolTech
- [09:33] What is it like to create a multi-million dollar plant brand?
- [11:28] Which came first, their friendship or the business?
- [12:19] What role did plants play in their college lives?
- [12:58] When did they realize the untapped potential and demand for high-quality grow lights
- [15:58] The tale of Soltech grow lights
- [19:17] Where can you find premium, handcrafted wind chimes that are perfect for gifting?
- [24:03] Difficult sacrifices the founders had to make
- [25:45] Living together and building Soltech
- [26:52] What was their method of accountability and reinforcement for their shared vision?
- [30:48] Reassuring signs of progress amid challenges and doubts
- [34:19] How did community development become integral to Soltech?
- [37:34] Low-cost strategies that resulted in significant results
- [44:02] House plant grow lights vs. cannabis cultivation lights
- [45:26] Why is manipulating the photosynthetic spectrum important in creating a full spectrum grow light?
- [47:02] Why different plants require different colors in the spectrum
- [49:12] New product launching soon: Grove LED bar light
- [54:27] Tips for installing a grow light and ideal plant distance
- [58:38] Obstacles and teachable moments
- [01:08:13] What were some notable moments or achievements in the past year that Soltech's founders go "holy shit"?
- [01:16:38] Where can you find Soltech on social media?
Mentioned in our conversation:
- Soltech Comprehensive Plant Guide
- Soltech Top Plant Books and Guides
- Aspect Grow Lights
- Highland Grow Lights
- Vita Grow Lights
Curious about the ups and downs of starting a plant business?
Thank you to our episode sponsor:
Wind River Chimes
Bring more peace, serenity, and magic into your home with chimes. Wind River is a Virginia-based company creating premium handcrafted and hand-tuned wind chimes for over 35 years. If you are looking for a new way to grow joy in your life and find a moment of peace, a Wind River chime is the perfect addition for your home or garden. Plus, it's a perfect personalized gift for your loved ones!
Visit windriverchimes.com and use code GROWINGJOY to receive free engraving on all Corinthian Bells wind chimes.
Follow Soltech Solutions:
Follow Maria and Growing Joy:
Order my book: Growing Joy: The Plant Lover's Guide to Cultivating Happiness (and Plants) by Maria Failla, Illustrated by Samantha Leung
Join the Bloom and Grow Garden Party Community Platform & App AKA the plantiest and kindest corner of the internet! Get your FREE 2-week trial here!
Take the Plant Parent Personality Quiz (Get the perfect plants, projects and educational resources for YOUR Lifestyle)
Support Bloom and Grow Radio by becoming a Plant Friend on Patreon!
Subscribe to the Growing Joy Youtube channel! /growingjoywithmaria
* Check out Quince and use my code joy for a great deal: https://www.quince.com/
* Check out Quince: https://www.quince.com/
* Check out Rosetta Stone and use my code TODAY for a great deal: https://www.rosettastone.com/
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands