#129: 28 Graduate recruitment mistakes, with Brian Sinclair
Manage episode 353111014 series 1171182
Hello and welcome to the 129th episode of the UK’s number 1 career podcast, and I’ve got a very special episode for you today. Joining me back on the show by popular demand is graduate recruitment expert and best-selling author Brian Sinclair, who discusses his new book ‘28 Recruitment Mistakes: And how you can avoid them’. In the show today we discuss the key mistakes you might be making as you apply for a graduate job and how they could be holding you back from career success. We cover each stage of the graduate application process and what you need to do to impress and sail through to the next round, and the howlers to avoid, that will see you getting rejected. No matter what companies you are applying to, this is an episode you won’t want to miss. The only link you need to remember from today is www.graduatejobpodcast.com/mistakes where you can find a full transcript, and links to everything which we discuss, that’s www.graduatejobpodcast.com/mistakes.
MORE SPECIFICALLY IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- What graduate recruiters are really looking for from candidates
- The insider secrets of how to pass each stage of the graduate application process
- Common mistakes that rejected candidates make
- The things you should NEVER say in a job interview
- The key things that will make you stand out as you apply for a graduate job
SELECTED LINKS INCLUDE:
- The show notes for today at https://www.graduatejobpodcast.com/mistakes
- Check out Brian’s great book ‘28 Recruitment Mistakes: And how you can avoid them’ https://amzn.to/3Zh0tRt
- Sign up to ‘How to Get a Graduate Job’my proven step-by-step online course at https://howtogetagraduatejob.com/
- Don’t even think about applying for graduate jobs until you’ve read my free guide, ‘The 5 steps you must take before applying for graduate jobs’. Click here https://howtogetagraduatejob.com/5steps. It will completely change the way you apply for jobs!
- Would you like a free 30-minute video coaching call? Simply select a time that works here https://calendly.com/gradjob/We can go over your CV, application, or anything that you are struggling with.