Manage episode 298035500 series 1171182
For the 118th episode of the Graduate Job Podcast, I speak with a listener of the show Saffy, as she shares her experiences of how she managed to secure offers of training contracts from two top legal firms. Saffy is an alumnus of the How to Get a Graduate Job course, and we explore how she balanced training contract applications while finishing a dissertation in lockdown, and the trials and tribulations of dealing with rejection and overcoming setbacks. We also cover all stages of the application process for a training contract, from 500 word written competency questions to recorded video interviews, legal case studies, assessment centres and the dreaded partner interview. She shares what went well, mistakes she made along the way, what you need to do to stand out from the crowd as you apply for a training contract, and also why she recommends that you sign up for the How to Get a Graduate Job course. No matter if you have never heard of a training contract or even thought about a career in law, this episode is packed chock full of advice that holds true no matter what type of graduate job you are applying for. Now the only link you need to remember today is www.graduatejobpodcast.com/Saffy where you can find the shownotes with links to everything we discuss and a full transcript you can download and also details for the relaunch of the How to Get a Graduate Job course, and the special early bird bonuses it will be coming with. But, without further ado, let's head on over to my chat with Saffy.
MORE SPECIFICALLY IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- What you can expect when you apply for a training contract
- What you need to do to impress law firms through the application process
- The biggest mistakes candidates make when they apply for a training contract
- Questions you will face in the assessment centre for a training contract
- Why you should expect to be in it for the long haul when you apply to law firms
- What you can expect from a legal partner interview
- Why Saffy joined the How to Get a Graduate Job course, and why she thinks you should too.
SELECTED LINKS INCLUDE:
- Follow Saffy’s footsteps and sign up to ‘How to Get a Graduate Job’ my proven step-by-step online course at https://howtogetagraduatejob.com/
- Don’t even think about applying for graduate jobs until you’ve read my free guide, ‘The 5 steps you must take before applying for graduate jobs’. Click here NOW. It will completely change the way you apply for jobs!
- Would you like a free 30-minute video coaching call? Simply select a time that works here https://calendly.com/gradjob/We can go over your CV, application, or anything that you are struggling with.