Manage episode 300525945 series 2308493
Savvy short-term rental hosts have pivoted in the last 18 months, shifting their business model to provide family-friendly accommodations that welcome kids and pets for long-term stays.
So, what does it look like to set up an Airbnb that works for large families and their furry friends?
On this episode of Get Paid for Your Pad, Rachel joins me to share her top tips for hosting families with pets, explaining how she pivoted the Short Term Gems brand to cater to displaced homeowners.
She offers advice on dealing with insurance companies and describes how to adjust the guest experience for families who are there because something happened to their home.
Listen in for Rachel’s #1 lesson learned from participating in Legends X and learn how to provide a 5-star guest experience for pets—and the people who love them.
How Rachel hosts and works full time
- Leverage resources to delegate, outsource
- Only do revenue-generating activities
Rachel’s Short Term Gems luxury brand
- Furnished accommodations for travelers
- Landlord owners, arbitrage and cohosting
Rachel’s pivot to a niche guest avatar
- Host displaced homeowners (floods, fires)
- Large families with kids and pets
How Rachel caters to large, displaced families
- Quality cookware, fully stocked kitchen
- Recreation station for kids
- Shift tone to provide help and support
Rachel’s tips for dealing with insurance companies
- Ask for deposit and have guest sign lease
- Home value impacts STR stay allocation
- Consider hotel rate, cost of boarding pets
What amenities you might provide for pets
- Custom linens and pet beds
- Doggie doors
Rachel’s #1 lesson learned from Legends X
- Network = net worth
- Share resources in accountability pod
Connect with Rachel
Hostfully [Discount Code PAD]
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.