Manage episode 294938945 series 2355391
The Ironman. Truly one of the toughest challenges you will ever undertake, should you choose to take that leap and fill out that entry form.
And despite the insane difficulty in swimming 3.9kms, then riding the toughest 180 kms you may ever undergo, getting off that bike after 5-7 hours, exhausted, and only then beginning your marathon... thousands of people continue to sign up, year after year.
You cannot overestimate how difficult the Ironman is.
The toll a 10-13 hour event puts on your body is extreme, and it’s an event that despite its insane difficulty, has become somewhat of a commonplace challenge, a normality among punters to give the Ironman a crack. However it’s important to remember that this is an event that is far from normal.
Key points of the episode:
- Even pros mess up their execution
- Warm up drills for a running session?
- Why going for a PB time doesn’t work
- Secret power trick: The Ruler of Truth
- Should you push higher power in a head wind or tail wind?
- The mistake 99% of athletes make (are you in the 1%?)
- The magic word that starts with P...
- How to take into account different conditions on race day
- When you shouldn’t use power or testing numbers
- What to do if you stuff your nutrition in the race
- The 1 thing you need to be prepared for in any Ironman
- The final piece of the puzzle that will stop you making future mistakes
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.