Manage episode 303244625 series 2355391
Podiatrist Matt Fieldsend joined us on the podcast today to chat everything about foot and ankle mechanics and how it impacts your performance!
Of course, the foot and ankle do not act in isolation, so we dive into the how the feet impact the rest of the body.
With the amount of foot injuries in Triathlon, this was a great episode to dive into common injuries, their prevention and treatment, as well as addressing a lot of misconceptions about podiatry and the feet.
Keys to the episode:
- How quickly your muscle and tissue “detrains” after injury
- The risk and reward of coming back to injury too quickly
- Why having small milestones is vital for rehab
- The simple reason why re-injury occurs and how to avoid it
- How difficult is it to change your running biomechanics?
- Should you risk trying to change your running style?
- The two most important muscles for runners to develop
- The required load your calves need to be able to handle to run well
- What day of the week is best to do your strength and conditioning?
- The golden rules for injury prevention and rehab volume
- The myths and misconceptions around orthotics
- Is new shoe technology causing or preventing injury?
- Does shoe support promote poor biomechanics?
If you want to get in touch with Matt, he's available at:
Suite 1, Ground Floor
492 St Kilda Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
ph 9820 3611
Up and Running Podiatry Elsternwick
Rear 4/402 Glen Huntly Road
Elsternwick VIC 3185
North Road Podiatry
1129 North Road
Oakleigh VIC 3166
ph 9570 2277
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. Your hosts are Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly coaching email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
Some of you might already be in there, but many of you won’t be and so this is our official invitation for you to come and join our free community: www.facebook.com/groups/trivelocoaching
Check us out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trivelocoaching/
Want access to Gerard's Famous Monthly Coaching Newsletter?
Disclaimer: The Content in this podcast is in no way intended to be medical advice, treatment or diagnoses. None of our Content is intended to imply that any products mentioned, remedies or information provided are intended to prevent, diagnose, cure or alleviate a disease, ailment, defect or injury or should be used for therapeutic purposes. The Content is intended to assist you with running, cycling, swimming or triathlon and should not be substituted for medical advice by your healthcare professional. We do not accept any liability for any injury, loss, or damage incurred by the use or reliance on our Content.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.