Manage episode 231621949 series 2422291
What got her here
Blossoming second half of life
Reaching out to others public presentations. Nervous.
- Shakti: Energy behind life - Goddess Energy
- Bliss: When energy flows - this is what you feel
- Kirtan: Musical gathering (call + response)
How to bring positive energy into your life
Start Track 2: 22:43
Kathleen waking up early to chant somewhere in nature
Eventually buying a harmonium
- practicing in pantry under stairs
Kathleen explaining Harmonium
- BEHVA - Company
- get it tuned
Start Track 3: 46:57
Talking about her art
Painting that looked like a spine (unhealthy)
- Didn't want to put it "out"
- Ended up "cutting" spine out - her back healed!
What are mantras - spiritual "tag" line
- Spiritual formula for
M Sanskrit: one of earliest languages
- Rishis: Hindu Sages
- Particular mantras are for specific parts of the body
- songs for devotion
Call about smelling "aromas" while doing Kirtan
- Kathleen has experienced "hearing extra 'sounds/voices'"
Start Track 4: 1:08:42
How to react to people who are very "Christian"
Kirtan Band also signs gospel and hymns
- Krishna DAS - Grandfather of Kirtan
- Whomever you sing about: all are part of God
- Including rivers, mountains, different names for the same "thing"
Jacobus's experience with his first Kirtan Session
Physical healing in thyroid
- after 20 years on medication - no more!
- Throat Chakra - Speaking "your voice"
Chanting is like "internal massage"
Chanting: slow to fast
Kathleen sings another song
- "wishing all happiness & peace"
Start Track 5: 1:32:36
How did her husband Andrew get involved
Mantras effect on the brain
- Helps produce Oxytocin, Dopamine & lowers stress hormones
Explaining Hans Jenny (1949) and his work on showing that sound/frequency produces form
Start Track 6: 1:49:28
SHRI-jantra - very well known symbol connected to sound ohm
- Probably inner attunement
- Atlantis Contineint
French Chemist who worked with dyes to get best vibrancy
- Miguel Chivarelle
Explaining music styles
- touch = connected to color (very individually)
- tone = connected to color
Kathleen talks about why her life turned this way
- teenager -Edgar Cayce - Ancient Temples of Egypt Musical Chamber