Manage episode 316674415 series 3289007
Welcome to Despina to the show. A teacher and energy healer that had post natal depression and is grateful for the learnings this period gave her. Despina describes herself as patient, creative and flexible who likes the colour purple that represents royalty and creativity.
Despina’s story from Depression to Expression starts with the birth of her daughter. She became at times suicidal and found help in Gestalt Therapy, a supporting husband and the teachings in Mindvalley.
Here a few points that stood out for me:
- Being vulnerable and ask / seek for help
- You need someone, a lifeline. Someone that just listens
- Kids are the best teachers. Her daughter was her catalyst for growth
- Seeing triggers and patterns in life
- I love my depression I wouldn’t change anything
- I needed to be more gentle with myself
- Gestalt Therapy that brings you to the present moment
- The key is to be open and curious and non judgmental
- Change the word “I have to” to “I choose to”
- Depression is the lack of Expression. Suppressing oneself
- The more space you have to be yourself, the more you can let go
- When happiness is shared it gets doubled. When sadness is shared it becomes half.
• Despina Charavgi on FB and IG
- Jorge Bucay-Argentinian psychotherapist of Gestalt and writer
- Steven Allen - Mindvalley Community Manager for Ambassadors
Subscribe to my Podcast:
Share my shows on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIN,
Don’t forget to Tag me. #FromDepressionToExpression You can also send me an audio message on www.anchor.fm/depression-expression or to firstname.lastname@example.org.--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/depression-expression/message