From Scarcity to Abundance through Real Estate with Millionaire Immigrant, Veteran, and Author Maricela Soberanes
Manage episode 335483309 series 3336954
Maricela Soberanes, principal at Up Plex Capital, apartment syndicator and author, joins Jamie to discuss her remarkable journey from poverty and scarcity in Mexico to success and abundance in America. She shares how her real estate journey began in 2006 investing in a single-family home and has expanded into owning multiple apartment complexes (approximately 2500 doors!) across five states with her husband. Their investments into apartments have allowed them to have a greater positive impact on the lives of more people and they continue to diversify their real estate and financial investments to build generational wealth.
Tune in as Jamie and Maricela discuss:
- What led her to leave Mexico to move to the USA at age 23 when she didn’t speak English nor know anyone when she arrived.
- How she managed to work, learn English, and graduate from nursing school before entering the military.
- Why she chose to enter the Navy after achieving the “American Dream”.
- The one valuable lesson she learned that led her to start investing in real estate.
- How she was able to scale her goal of buying one house a year to buying four.
- Effective ways to get the most value and ROI from investments in mastermind groups.
- How she and her husband expanded their initial investments in single family homes in 2006 to a current portfolio with approximately 2,500 apartment units.
- What inspired her to write her book From Scarcity to Abundance.
- The approach she takes when investing in apartments to increasing their value and the profits earned by her and her partners.
- Two major factors that differentiate people living in scarcity from those living in abundance.
Connect with Maricela:
Support Labrador Lending:
Connect with Jamie: